No products in the cart.
Powering your device is important, and that is why we feel that it is time to discuss the value of dual and single coil devices that are a necessity to the hobby. If you are new to the vaping hobby, the choice is yours when you decide on how to power your device, but knowing the differences between the two parts will help.
What is the Purpose of a Coil?
Before getting into what the actual vape coil is, it is important to understand the atomizer. This is defined as any device that creates mist out of liquid. Atomizers are an essential in vaping and are the heart and soul of a heating coil. Your vaping atomizer is essentially a heating coil that is made from a piece of wire that heats up and creates vapor out of your favorite e-juice.
Atomizers come in different styles from disposable heads to DIY builds. These coils are measured by the amount of resistance they have, which determines how much power they demand. Vape coils are typically made from:
- Stainless Steel
By engaging the vaporizer battery, the coil heats up and turns the e-juice into the vapor smoke that you can be proud of.
What Are the Differences Between Single and Dual Coils?
The difference between a single and dual coil device comes down to how a person vapes. Remember, the coil is a heating element in your atomizer, and any e-juice device that a vape shop sells has a coil inside of it. Each configuration works in the same way, but the only real difference is that one has two coils and the other doesn’t. For the dual coil device, power is sent to two coils. This transfers heat to your e-juice and vaporizes it.
The choice is really up to you as a vaping enthusiast. Although it may seem like a simple choice between one or two coils, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each type of device.
What Are the Pros of Each?
- The configuration consumes less battery power compared to dual coil
- E-juice consumption is generally much lower with a single coil
- Requires less expertise to rebuild after cleaning due to the much simpler design
- Dual coil generally produces a higher amount of vapor. This is due to the amount of contact area between the juice in the device and the coils.
- Delivers the vapor in a shorter amount of time, which is based on the simple principle that there are two coils involved.
What Are the Cons of Each?
- Vapor produced from a single coil device typically has a lower density
- Requires a longer heating time to produce the same amount of vapor that a dual coil would produce.
- Depletion of the battery happens a lot faster
- E-juice consumption is much higher in these devices
- More difficult to rebuild after cleaning
Vape N’ Vapor has the Atomizers You Need
If you are torn between purchasing a dual or single coil device for your vaping pleasure, then get in touch with Vape N’ Vapor for your vaping needs. We have all of the device options that you could ever need and we are eager to answer all of your questions after you have browsed our shop.